Expanding Core ChucksMore Information
Expanding core chucks are used throughout the web converting and packaging industries to unwind and rewind web material. Core chucks usually expand to grip the inner diameter of a core to help control web tension.
With a wide selection available, Double E offers the right core chuck for your web converting application.
- Automatic torque activation – no side force needed.
- Rolling friction inside the chuck ensures tight core grip in low or high tension applications.
- Rolls can be run to the last wrap – no wasted web material.
- Concentric expansion minimizes roll bounce and vibration.
- Smooth jaws grip the core without damaging the core.
- Core chuck won't damage core ID's so cores can be reused.
- Step chuck accommodates different core sizes with no effort.
- Replaces antiquated and labor intensive “knock-in” cones, wedges, and manual core chucks.
- Mounts on a through shaft, with a retractable roll collar supporting the roll at the opposite end.
- For 3" cores (larger core sizes use DF-2000 through-shaft chucks).
- No tools required for quick, 30-second roll changes.
- Automatic, concentric expansion (activated by torque).
- Perfect for form, fill, and seal packaging, window patching envelopes, as well as tag, tape, and label production.
- Easy roll changes in no time....without tools.
- A simple twist locks the core in place, and a twist in the other direction unlatches the roll.
- Mount in horizontal or vertical positions, cantilevered or on a through-shaft
- Core chucks mount on a core shaft to adapt to various core sizes.
- Easy air inflation – chucks can be connected with an air hose to allow both chucks to be inflated at the same time.
- Double E's unique polyurethane bladder resists abrasion, knife cuts, and stretching.
- Less bladder stretching means easy insertion and removal from cores.
- Lighter than other air chuck adpaters (usually 30% -50%).
- Available for core sizes ranging from 3 inches up.