Core ShaftsPiu Informazioni
Core shafts are used throughout the converting and packaging industries to unwind and rewind web material. Winding shafts usually expand to grip the inner diameter of a core to help control web tension.
Double E offers the right core shaft for your converting application.
CLEV12 Self-centering Mechanical Shaft
- Constructed of lightweight material.
- Cores are perfectly centered throughout the winding process without the need for pre-centering tools.
- Design allows a shorter body length than conventional air type shafts – no bladder clamps or body air valves are needed.
- No need for rotary unions.
- Excellent gripping performance in low or high tension applications.
- Unwind and rewind models available.
- The core gripping balls also serve as transfer balls for easy loading and unloading of the rolls.
DLB-2000 Carbon Fiber Expanding Core Shafts
For Unwind and Rewind Applications
CF-1000 Carbon Fiber Through Shafts
(Non-expanding core shafts are available
for through-roll support using air chucks)
- Carbon fiber shaft body provides the strength of steel at a fraction of the weight.
- Proprietary corded polyprene internal bladder expands with air to force the lugs to grip the inner diameter of the core. The special bladder material reduces bladder failure and minimizes maintenance.
- Deep journal insertion and a close tolerance fit provide a high-strength connnection, yet ensures easy maintenance access when necessary.
- Comprehensive two year warranty even includes bladder (most applications).
SR-2000 Strip Core Shafts
(for multiple slit rewind applications)
- For multiple slit rewinding.
- Simple clamping unit secures bladder/gripping element assembly for easy
- Durable hard rubber grippers offer excellent core
- Protective Teflon strip covers bladder to reduce likelihood of bladder failure.
- Brass air valve resists corrosion.
Pneumatic/Mechanical and Fully Mechanical Core Shafts (for high-speed and/or heavyweight winding applications)
- Mechanical operation for strongest grip.
- Intended for aggressive applications where rolls are heavy and line speeds are fast.
- Independent lug action accommodates core variations.
- Concentric expansion reduces vibration and roll bounce.
- Roll security is guaranteed because of fail-safe design.
Differential Rewind Core Shafts
(for multiple slit differential rewinding applications)
- Works in low or high tension applications.
- Allows narrow and/or varying slit widths and yields uniformly wound rolls.
- Slipping occurs inside the shaft so no core dust is crated – contamination is minimized.
RS-2000 Expanding Carbon Fiber Reel Spool Core Shaft (for reel spool winding applications)
- Much lighter in weight than expanding steel shafts; requires far less driving energy.
- Carbon fiber housing allows faster critical speeds without increasing core size.
- Pneumatic/mechanical system ensures true concentric expansion.
- Traditional non-expanding reel spools also available.