- Custom journals.
- Corrosion-proof air valve can be located on side or at end of pneumatic mechanical shaft.
- Center rod.
- Tempered steel housing.
- Hardened steel lugs provide reliable grip force on all core types.
- Individual cam springs force independent lug rise; shaft grips consistently even when core diameter varies.
- Proprietary fasteners with hardened steel expanding bushings provide strong connection without requiring a press fit
- Jacking screw at shaft end serves as mechanical override (pneumatic mechanical shaft).
- True Concentric Expansion
- Mechanical activation locks gripping lugs in the expanded state, actually lifting and centering the roll. This true concentric expansion minimizes roll bounce and vibration – even in high-speed and/or heavyweight applications.
- Fail–safe operation
- With lugs mechanically locked, the shaft cannot stop gripping during production.
- Independent lug action
- Each lug set is activated by separate cam springs, allowing the core shaft to grip uniformly even when core variations are present, or when cores aren’t covering all lug sets.
- Proprietary journal connection
- Proven “scrivet fastening system” ensures durability at journal connections without requiring a press fit.
- Positive lug retraction
- The mechanical system ensures lugs retract fully so shaft never
sticks in cores.
If you need a high strength, lightweight, shaft solution, please consider
Click on this link for more information for complementary safety chucks.